COVID-19 WORKING CAPITAL ACCESS PROGRAM (CWCA)
We are happy to announce that program guidelines for CWCA, a program supplying working capital to businesses negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, were approved by the PIDA (PA Industrial Development Authority) Board on March 23, 2020.
As of 3:00pm on March 25, 2020 – CCEDC is accepting Covid-19 Working Capital Access (CWCA) program applications. Please note that complete applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received.
UPDATE: As of 10:00am on Saturday, March 28, 2020 we have received more than 200 submissions for the Covid-19 Working Capital Access (CWCA) program. We will continue to accept applications but wanted to reiterate that the total amount of funding for this program is $61 million across the entire Commonwealth.
PROGRAM DETAILS (Subject to change)
Where to Apply:
Chester County Economic Development Council (CCEDC) is the Certified Economic Development Organization (CEDO) for Chester County and is your portal to this funding stream.
Any for-profit businesses located in PA and with 100 or fewer employees worldwide are eligible to apply for disaster relief loans. Your application must be processed through the CEDO designated for the county where your business is physically located, which is CCEDC for Chester County.
Eligible Uses of Loan Proceeds:
- 100% of working capital costs incurred in the last 3 months for most businesses (including debt service, excluding fixed assets). Businesses in the retail/service sector can include working capital costs that were incurred in the last 6 months, however only 50% of those costs will be eligible which calculates to 3 months of business expenses
- “Future” or “projected” costs are not eligible
- NOTE: This program will require you to document the last three (3) months (or six (6) months for retail & service companies) of working capital expenditures
There is $61 million in total available across the Commonwealth as of March 23, 2020. Maximum loan size per company is $100,000. Note: Funds are expected to be in high demand. It is very likely demand for loan funds will outstrip supply.
- The lesser of 3 months of working capital or $100,000
- Retail & Service Companies – Lesser of one half (1/2) of 6 months of working capital or $100,000
0% for all business types except Agriculture Producers which is 2%
- A commitment fee of 1% will be charged (capped at $500)
- Borrowers will also be asked to cover any “out of pocket” costs incurred by CCEDC
- The closing fee and out of pocket costs can be financed as part of the loan
No payments in first 12 months, amortized payments during years two (2) and three (3), one balloon payment for the remaining balance after year three (3)
The loan shall be secured by a blanket lien on all business assets currently owned or acquired in the future at the highest lien position available
The loan shall be guaranteed by any individual or entity with a 20% or greater ownership interest in the eligible business enterprise
Some credit criteria for approval (as evaluated by PIDA) may include:
- At least breakeven performance in the prior year
- Acceptable personal credit history of the guarantors
- Historical cash flow adequate to pay obligations
- 1:1 debt service coverage ratio
Application Materials: please prepare and submit the following:
Please view the BORROWER Checklist.
For the intended Borrower (Applicant Company, an Operating Company):
- CWCA Project Information Summary – CLICK HERE
- Company Profile Sheet – Exhibit A
- Signed W-9 – CLICK HERE
- Business Entity Certification – Exhibit B – Other Entities
- Most recent year audited or management prepared financials
- Most recent tax returns (2019 or 2018)
- Debt Schedule – Exhibit C
For the Guarantors (any owner, individual or business entity, with 20% or more interest in applicant business):
- Signed Certification Sheet – Exhibit B – Individuals
- For Individuals – signed and dated personal financial statement – Exhibit E
- For business entities: Most recent year of financial statements
How to apply:
Completed applications for Chester County – please submit complete package to firstname.lastname@example.org.