- This event has passed.
How To Work Effectively With A Staffing Firm During Your Job Search
May 24, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Staffing firms can be a viable option in your job search because they know who is hiring in the region. Employers depend on them to fill many positions for temporary, temp-to-hire, or direct hire opportunities. Temporary or contract positions give you an excellent opportunity to check out a company and its corporate culture. Learn from some of the best how to effectively work with a Staffing or Placement firm. Our panel will include representatives from Monarch Staffing, Modis, Aerotek and Randstad USA as well as a Workforce Development Representative.
Discussion topics will include:
- Can a person earn PTO and/or health benefits through assignments with staffing firms?
- What level positions and types of industries do staffing firms represent?
- What percentage of temporary positions lead to full- time positions?
- How are my UC benefits impacted if I take a positions through a staffing firm or if I decide to become “self employed”?
- Why do some candidates seem to get all of the interviews at the best companies and I don’t get a return call?
- Jobs Gateway and Vista.Today
This event is FREE but pre-registration is required.