Health Care Connect Partnership Report
Training Opportunities – Contact Patti to check current availability – limited seats available to HCC members
- ELNEC Training
- Hospice & Palliative Nurse Certification Review Course – February 7 & 14, 2017 – Radnor Corporate Center
- Geriatric Certification Review Course – March 29, 2017 – Bryn Mawr Hospital
- Management of Aggressive Behavior – April 10, 2017 – Bryn Mawr Hopsital
- Preceptor Community Nurse Training – April 19 & May 3, 2017 – CCEDC
- Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) Course – April 21 & 28, 2017 – Kendal-Crosslands
- Wound Care Certification Review Course – Date TBD – May 2017
- Health Care Connect has completed training for the 15-16 program year. Overall the IP trained 557 health care employees from October 2015 through October 2016, resulting in a total of 5,637.41 CEs awarded. Trainings for the year included: ELNEC, Gerontological Certification Review, a Holistic Care Conference, Improving Patient Care, Oncology Certification Review, Palliative Care Fellowship, Trauma Nurse Course, a Trauma Symposium, Wound Care Certification Review, Health Care Leadership, and CNA Training.
- We are well on our way to meeting the 16-17 training goal for Health Care Connect. Since July 2016, we have trained 411 health care employees, resulting in a total of 2,191.50 CEs awarded. Trainings have included: ELNEC, Certified Dementia Practitioner, Improving Patient Care, a Trauma Symposium, Gender Diversity, and a Geriatric Certification review course.
- Health Care Connect teamed up with Paoli Hospital on November 29th to host 52 Chester County high school students for a Career Exploration Showcase. The students were exposed to various health care career focuses including Physical/Occupational Therapy, Physician & Physician Assistant, Nutrition, Trauma Nursing, Art Therapy, Pediatric CPR, Pharmacy, ER Medicine, and more.
- Partnership Meeting
- February 8, 2017; 7:30-9:00am; CCEDC
- Executive Committee Meeting
- January 17, 2017; 12:00-12:30pm; Conference Call