AgConnect is a vibrant network of farmers, business owners, and service providers connecting farmers to business resources, training, and financing to grow business and promoting smart agricultural economic development. AgConnect, a regional private-public partnership, serves Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties.
Our network connects farmers with the following agricultural economic development services:
- Technical Assistance in Producing Investment-Ready Business Plans
- Site Selection for Agriculture Enterprises
- Business Retention and Expansion Services
- Farm Succession Planning
- Economic Development Lending targeted to unique Agriculture needs
- Agricultural Workforce Development
Since 2000, AgConnect has:
- Administered the Next Generation Farmer Loan Program, a tax exempt loan program for first time farm buyers, closing more than 150 loans for more than $47 million helping farmers purchase 8,420 acres in PA.
- Supported training of 2,003 workers from more than 943 companies through grants from the PA Department of Labor and Industry and USDA’s Specialty Crop Block Grant program from 2007-2015.
- Promoted agriculture as a viable career option to 3,900 students through career exploration showcases, career fairs, and events.
Check AgConnectPA.org for News & Upcoming Events
AgConnect is funded in part by the private sector along with grants from the Pennsylvania Departments of Agriculture and Labor and Industry, and the Chester County Workforce Development Board.