The Manufacturing Alliance of Chester and Delaware Counties (MACC/DC) is lead by manufacturers and supported by public partners and service providers.
The Alliance is committed to addressing common needs, fostering cooperation, sharing best practices, and leveraging the resources of manufacturers in the region.
Working collaboratively to promote manufacturing in the region and advance the technical skills of the workforce, the partners’ goal is to provide growth opportunities and increase profitability for local manufacturers.
MACC/DC has begun to address the short-term and long-term issues facing the manufacturing industry:
- A skills-gap and business needs assessment was completed of area manufacturers
- Working committees were formed to tackle issues within training, youth outreach and marketing
- Partners have accessed free training though the Delaware County Community College in Blueprint Reading, Math for Occupational Trades and Basic Technical Skills
- Experts addressed the group on topics including international trade, the new healthcare law, hiring resources, and training grants
- An energy forum was held that focused on the specific needs of high energy users
- A website and marketing plan are being developed to act as a one-stop resource for manufacturers in the region
Joining the Alliance requires only an investment of time from manufacturers dedicated to promoting manufacturing in the region.
Chester County Economic Development Council (CCEDC)
Assistant to the President for Planning
Delaware County Community College
Join the MACC/DC LinkedIn Group here.