Please note that all applicants have been notified of their award status. All awardees have been contacted and returned the required documentation to formally accept the grant. Decline letters were sent to the remaining applicants, if you did not receive it, please find a copy below.
We are in the final stages of reviewing applications. Notification will be sent via email or US Mail in about 2 weeks.
- View on YOU TUBE
- You may VIEW IT HERE – please advance to the 3:30 mark for the program to begin.
- Or you may view the WEBINAR SLIDES.
Chester County Main Street Preservation Grant Program
Program Overview – Download Program Overview; Visión General – FINAL
Are You Eligible
Applicants must be for-profit businesses with less than $500,000 in annual revenue. Companies that have accepted or received funding from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL), or PA state COVID-19 Working Capital Access program (CWCA), are eligible, however, the level of funding received from theses programs may impact the application’s competitiveness.
- Business operations and headquarters must be physically located in Chester County (regardless of owner’s residence or location of business incorporation)
- Applicants must have at least $20,000 in annual operating expenses
- Applicant businesses must have been formed and in operation no later than 2019 (businesses formed in 2020 are not eligible)
- Passive businesses, such as commercial or residential landlords, are ineligible
Awards are limited to 25% of the applicant’s annual operating expenses, not to exceed $25,000 or the company’s total operating expenses in the second quarter of 2019, whichever is less.
Grant Evaluation & Scoring
All applications submitted within the application window (May 11, 2020; 5am until 9pm) will be considered and scored on a competitive scale. Strong applicants are small businesses that have:
- Significant negative impacts from COVID-19, including declines in income and cash reserves
- Full-time and/or part-time employees that can be supported by the grant award
- Application scores will be adjusted to account for businesses that have accepted or received COVID-related grants or loans (examples include, but are not limited to PPP, EIDL, or CWCA)
- Demonstrated the ability to remain viable upon re-opening
How Can These Funds Be Used
Grant funds may be used to cover working capital costs necessary to maintain a business as during COVID-19 disruption, including payroll, rent, mortgage, supplies, and other operating expenses.
How to Apply
- Applications and supporting documentation should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Monday, May 11, 2020.
- Due to the anticipated demand for this program, applications that are missing required documents will not be reviewed.
What to Expect After Applying
- Once the application window has closed, applicants can expect a review period lasting at least ten (10) business days.
- CCEDC will notify all applicants of their status once the review period has ended.