We are in the final stages of reviewing applications. Notification will be sent via email or US Mail in about 2 weeks.
- View on YOU TUBE
- You may VIEW IT HERE – please advance to the 3:30 mark for the program to begin.
- Or you may view the WEBINAR SLIDES.
Chester County Main Street Preservation Grant Program
Program Overview – Download Program Overview; Visión General – FINAL
Are You Eligible
Applicants must be for-profit businesses with less than $500,000 in annual revenue. Companies that have accepted or received funding from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL), or PA state COVID-19 Working Capital Access program (CWCA), are eligible, however, the level of funding received from theses programs may impact the application’s competitiveness.
- Business operations and headquarters must be physically located in Chester County (regardless of owner’s residence or location of business incorporation)
- Applicants must have at least $20,000 in annual operating expenses
- Applicant businesses must have been formed and in operation no later than 2019 (businesses formed in 2020 are not eligible)
- Passive businesses, such as commercial or residential landlords, are ineligible
Awards are limited to 25% of the applicant’s annual operating expenses, not to exceed $25,000 or the company’s total operating expenses in the second quarter of 2019, whichever is less.
Grant Evaluation & Scoring
All applications submitted within the application window (May 11, 2020; 5am until 9pm) will be considered and scored on a competitive scale. Strong applicants are small businesses that have:
- Significant negative impacts from COVID-19, including declines in income and cash reserves
- Full-time and/or part-time employees that can be supported by the grant award
- Application scores will be adjusted to account for businesses that have accepted or received COVID-related grants or loans (examples include, but are not limited to PPP, EIDL, or CWCA)
- Demonstrated the ability to remain viable upon re-opening
How Can These Funds Be Used
Grant funds may be used to cover working capital costs necessary to maintain a business as during COVID-19 disruption, including payroll, rent, mortgage, supplies, and other operating expenses.
How to Apply
- Applications and supporting documentation should be submitted by email to email@example.com between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Monday, May 11, 2020.
- Due to the anticipated demand for this program, applications that are missing required documents will not be reviewed.
What to Expect After Applying
- Once the application window has closed, applicants can expect a review period lasting at least ten (10) business days.
- CCEDC will notify all applicants of their status once the review period has ended.