CCEDC Reveals County’s Top Economic Milestones for 2018-2019
As the Chester County Economic Development Council enters its 60th-anniversary year, it has released its top economic development milestones for fiscal year 2018-2019, as well as details of a new initiative to engage the county’s business and community leaders under the age of 40.
CCEDC recently showcased the end-of-year milestones at its Ninth Annual Stakeholders’ Breakfast at the Desmond Hotel in Malvern. More than 150 local business leaders attended. The work of CCEDC is supported by 270 investors spanning every major industry, from startups to Fortune 500 companies, including Cerner Health Services, Comcast, PECO Energy, Pfizer, QVC, Vanguard, and West Pharmaceuticals.
Highlights of CCEDC’s milestones for fiscal year 2018-2019 include:
- Financing for 28 projects totaling $58,078,272
- Obtaining $9,292,869 in new grant funding for 28 workforce and redevelopment projects
- Engaging 6,631 individuals in various workforce and STEM initiatives
- Raising more than $1.4 million in support of high priority industry sector activities
- Serving more than 100 startup and growth companies focused on technology, biotech, medical devices, digital health, clean tech, and more
- Enabling 15 emerging tech companies to receive a total of $1,218,576 in funding through the Keystone Innovation Zone Tax Credits
CCEDC also introduced details of a new initiative, CCEDC ConNEXT, which will launch in 2020. CCEDC ConNEXT will engage 40 of the county’s most dynamic business and community leaders under the age of 40, as identified annually by VISTA Today’s Millennial Superstars. Millennials who participate in CCEDC ConNEXT programs will form a cohort of young leaders and be asked to provide valuable perspective that will help guide CCEDC strategies and programs moving forward.