ITAG’s 16th Annual Girls Exploring Tomorrow’s Technology A Success!
The Innovative Technology Action Group (ITAG), held its 16th Annual Girls Exploring Tomorrow’s Technology (GETT) event on Saturday, March 12th at West Chester East High School.
GETT began 16 years ago with only a couple of dozen girls coming to learn about careers in technology.
This year we:
- Inspired 622 girls from every corner of the Delaware Valley
- Delivered 36 concurrent career exploration sessions with 82 speakers
- Hosted 176 parents & educators – involved adults are one of the keys to a child’s success
- Encouraged girls to explore 56 STEM activities during the GETT Expo, launched in 2015
- Recruited 134 volunteers to assist in the day’s logistics and activities
The GETT initiative works to expose young women to career opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM). GETT is structured to give the girls hands-on, entertaining, interactive small group workshops conducted by successful women role models.
For pictures from the event please click here to see them on GETT’s Facebook page.