Grant Administration and Management
Federal, state and local grants help to stimulate job creation and economic growth within the region. CCEDC can assist businesses and municipalities in researching available grants, developing projects, writing grant proposals and administering grant funds.
Grants managed by the CCEDC typically target two main areas:
- Workforce Development funding, which supports our region’s high priority industries: Agriculture, BioScience, IT/Communications, Energy and Healthcare. The funding helps develop Industry Partnerships which are public/private collaboratives working to leverage resources for growing our labor force. Grant funds help underwrite the costs of training new hires and incumbent workers, developing career exploration programs, coordinating business resources, and networking initiatives.
- Construction-related grants provide support for commercial and industrial development projects involving business growth/expansion and critical job creation. The majority of the construction-related grants fund infrastructure development, new site construction, building expansion, and brownfields redevelopment.
The following are examples of grant sources that have supported the development and expansion of projects in Chester County.
- PA Department of Labor and Industry – Industry Partnership Grants
- Guaranteed Free Training Grants
- Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program
- Keystone Communities Program
- Industrial Site Re-use Program (ISR)
- Infrastructure Development Program (IDP)
- Infrastructure and Facilities Improvement Program (IFIP)
- Neighborhood Assistance Program & Special Program Priorities (NAP/SPP)
For additional information on grants available to businesses: