The Smart Energy Initiative of Southeastern Pennsylvania (SEI) is one of CCEDC’s Industry Partnerships (IP). Founded in 2007, SEI supports the region’s smart energy industry by providing comprehensive workforce and business development services to partnering energy organizations.
SEI’s specific priorities include:
- Identifying and addressing workforce development, human resource and other business needs
- Developing an inter-connected “web” of resources that supports existing business and encourages new business
- Providing public education/awareness programming aimed at promoting clean/renewable energy, energy efficiency and conservation, and demand-side management products/services
- Developing linkages with education partners to establish programs and grow the pipeline of future workers
- Providing information on regional and state-wide energy projects, initiatives, legislation, and financing
What is “smart energy?”
Smart energy incorporates clean and renewable energies, as well as energy efficiency/conservation and demand-side management products and services.
SEI driven by local employers and volunteers and is made possible with funding from the PA Department of Labor & Industry, the Chester County Workforce Development Board, and numerous private sponsors.