Helping Area Entrepreneurs
It’s challenging for new entrepreneurs to identify mentors and aﬀord professional services like accounting, marketing, HR, and legal to name a few. Let the Chester County Economic Development Council (CCEDC) help! Through the New Business Champions Micro Grant Program, CCEDC has organized a group of mentors and some of the region’s top professional service advisors to provide up to $2,000 in mentoring and training to business owners and entrepreneurs with these critical needs. This program will provide grant recipients the opportunity to work one-on-one with professional service advisors to address their most pressing business needs.
- Established business within the past 5 years
- Based in Chester County with 10 employees or less
- Never received a previous New Business Champions award
Priority Consideration Criteria:
- Non-college degree
- First generation college
- Owners re-entering workforce after an extended absence
All applications received during the application window will be reviewed and considered. Awards are subject to eligibility, funding availability, and a business needs assessment conducted through CCEDC’s Business Resource Center.Questions? Email us!
- Comprehensive business needs assessment with CCEDC staff
- Support from qualified experts in a range of industries
- Training and advising to develop business-critical skills including:
- Business Plan Development
- Accounting & Financial Guidance
- Marketing & Networking
- Customer Development
- HR Training & Optimization
- Essential Skills for Business Owners & Staff
- All at no cost to the new business. Services are subject to eligibility, business needs assessment, and fund availability.
The New Business Champions application window will be open from February 1 through March 1, 2024.
This program is an initiative of the Chester County Economic Development Council (CCEDC) and is funded in part by the Chester County Work Force Development Board and Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry.